Event subscriptions in vRA (vRealize Automation) are very flexible, allowing you to customise more or less anything you want using vRO (vRealize Orchestrator) code. Since event subscriptions are created in each tenant they can be a bit of a nightmare to manage, especially when things need to change and all tenants should have the same subscriptions.
I created a couple of vRO workflows that can “Get” and “Set” event subscriptions via the vRA API. This allows you to keep just a single tenant (maybe the default tenant or a management tenant) event subscriptions correct / up to date. You then use the “Get” workflow to capture the event subscription data from this tenant (stored in a vRO resource element). You then use the “Set” workflow to create the event subscriptions under a different tenant (or environment if required).
- Download the dev.vautomation.eventsubscriptions.package zip file below
- Extract the zip file to get the vRO (vRealize Orchestrator) package file
- Import the vRO (vRealize Orchestrator) package
- Add vRA (use clustered name if a cluster) as a HTTP-REST host
- Edit the “vAutomation -> Common -> envSettings” configuration element
- Populate “vraHost”, “vraUsername” & “vraPassword”
- The username and password populated above should be a local (vsphere.local) user with tenant admin and IaaS admin permissions for each tenant
- Run the “Get Tenant Event Subscriptions” & “Set Tenant Event Subscriptions” workflows under “vAutomation -> Cloud Portal -> Tenant Management -> Helpers” as required